This is probably more of an issue for dudes, and wouldn't even be considered if it weren't for the “metrosexual movement” of the late 1990's and early 2000's.
Here's my “too much information' story. Around the time I started running ultras, I also started experimenting with with various methods of trimming. It was done purely for aesthetics (Shelly liked it). I was surprised to find two effects:
- Trimming kept the genitals cooler, and
- Trimming seemed to reduce chafing.
Seeing the positive effects of cutting back the schlong-fro, I decided to try shaving. As expected, the results were even better. Since that time, I've continued a routine of shaving.
A few tips and points to consider before giving your boys the Bruce Willis 'do:
1. When the hair starts to grow back, it's itchy as Hell for a few days. You have to either endure the discomfort or keep shaving at least once a week.
2. If trimming, don't use the closest setting on electric clippers. Loose skin can get caught between the blades. Yes, it hurts. A lot.
3. If shaving, it's much easier to trim first.
4. Not to turn this into a sex manual or anything, but the skin-on-skin clitoral contact may be pleasurable for women.