When it comes to training, hydration can be a bitch. Once the long runs surpass your ability to physically carry enough water (or other drink), your options are limited. You can:
- Stash drinks along the planned route (though it may get stolen... which has happened on more than one occasion. Seriously, who steals a jug of water?!?).
- Bring money or a credit card if there will be stores along the way.
- Plan a route that utilizes public drinking fountains.
Personally, I prefer the last option. If you live in a semi-inhabited area, this is a good option. If you live in the sticks or will be training in desolate mountains, it may be impossible. If you do train in a populated area, drinking fountains can usually be found at:
- Public parks and playgrounds,
- Sport fields,
- Public restrooms,
- Large grocery or department stores,