Monday, February 6, 2012

How to Handle the Junk: Shave or Rock the 'Fro?

This is probably more of an issue for dudes, and wouldn't even be considered if it weren't for the “metrosexual movement” of the late 1990's and early 2000's.

Here's my “too much information' story. Around the time I started running ultras, I also started experimenting with with various methods of trimming. It was done purely for aesthetics (Shelly liked it). I was surprised to find two effects:
  • Trimming kept the genitals cooler, and
  • Trimming seemed to reduce chafing.
Seeing the positive effects of cutting back the schlong-fro, I decided to try shaving. As expected, the results were even better. Since that time, I've continued a routine of shaving.

A few tips and points to consider before giving your boys the Bruce Willis 'do:

1. When the hair starts to grow back, it's itchy as Hell for a few days. You have to either endure the discomfort or keep shaving at least once a week.
2. If trimming, don't use the closest setting on electric clippers. Loose skin can get caught between the blades. Yes, it hurts. A lot.
3. If shaving, it's much easier to trim first.
4. Not to turn this into a sex manual or anything, but the skin-on-skin clitoral contact may be pleasurable for women.

###

5 comments:

  1. I am with you, bro. Just started experimenting due to chafing problems. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last girl I was dating preferred the "manly" full on fro look. I obliged and went wild. So far, no chaffage issues and I've been running more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we're on the topic, I think it's worth asking where we draw (or shave, as it were) the line. I see an awful lot of runners with shaved legs, armpits, chest, etc., and don't think all of them are planning on taking up competitive swimming. Is there any real benefit to this scorched earth policy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd probably leave all my body hair (and there's a lot) but keep it to a tidy length

    I used to wonder why i never got nipple chafing, and then realised that the cushioning of my chest wig keeps my clothing safely away from my skin.

    The downside is that it's like permanently wearing a microfleece.

    I experimented with shaving and waxing my chest to keep me cool when clubbing but it just grew back with more intensity, and now that I'm totally plastered in the stuff i can't just do a quick chest shave, i'd look odd if i didn't spend 4 or 5 hours to clear it all

    ReplyDelete